Stress, Stress And More Stress
The “go-live” stage of a system implementation project is always busy, chaotic and filled with major stress.
This go-live, is going extremely well, but trying to keep it on schedule is taking up an enormous amount of my time. When I’m not working, I’m sleeping and vice versa.
So, please excuse both the quantity and quality of blog postings on this site.
First of all, the Bird’s Eye Lace shawl is starting to become fraught with mistakes, and I fear I will have to pull out all the current work on that project, and pick it up again when I can concentrate a little more closely on it.
I know…I feel sad too, but it really has to be done.
I decided to use some of my homespun Blueface Leicester to start on my next project.
I wound the first HUGE hank of Blueface Leicester and measured the length at the same time.
This major ball ‘o yarn turned out to be about 930 yards and 9.6 ounces. This equates to about 1550 yards per pound, and would classify the yarn as a light sport weight.
I decided I needed to swatch it up immediately, and used a US3 needle and the faux ribbing stitch pattern to come up with this lovely piece of fabric:
I’ll be using the stitch pattern at the top of the swatch.
I can’t tell you how soft and silky this swatch feels, and I can’t wait to get started on the sweater. At about 7.25 sts to the inch, I will need ot cast on almost 200 stitches just for the back of the sweater. YAY!!!
I also plied the second, not-so-quite-huge hank of Blueface Leicester, and washed and hung it to set the twist.
I won’t be able to wind/measure this hank until I get back home at the end of the month after go-live. I’m hopeful that the yards per pound is approximately the same and that my spinning/plying is somewhat consistent with this batch of yarn.