Mid Year Update
Given that I did make some 2014 New Year’s Resolutions, I thought I should give an update on where I am halfway though the year.
Here are the 2014 resolutions:
- Finish the kid alpaca blanket/coffin cover (2013 taught me I really MUST work on this more frequently to get it finished).
- Get down below 195 pounds and stay there (or less). It’s where I’m most comfortable and feel the best about myself.
- Blog on average at least twice a week.
- Publish at least one new design on Ravelry
- Finish piecing the current quilt top I’m working on
Here’s where I am so far:
- Done some work on the kid alpaca blanket, but finishing it isn’t likely.
- I’ve successfully gone down to under 190 pounds and stay there consistently
- I’ve averaged about 2.19 posts per week since January
- I’ve published Bright Lizard Scarf design and I may even have a second design to publish this year
- I’ve done very little work on the quilt top…I may have to change to a different quilt project to be inspired.
So far, so good…and if I put some extra effort into the first and last item, I might actually accomplish all of them.
I started a new knitting project, using up more of my leftover Koigu and another sock yarn.
This will eventually be a scarf I will call the Fireworks Scarf, as I’m hopeful the variegated, pastel yarn will look like little color bursts when it’s blocked. We shall see