Seemingly moments before Summer started officially, we completed a number of maintenance/repair tasks to our home that feels a lot like Spring cleaning.
We’ve owned our home for about 27 years now and every once in a while, our homeowner’s association will notify us that they’ll be painting the outside of our buildings in the upcoming months, and we are required to replace any wood or trim that might need replacing.
Given that we had a few pieces of trim that needed to be replaced, and we were going to have people working on the house anyway, we decided to have them replace all the wood trim with AZEK Trim…a material made of PVC, so it will never rot or be eaten by bugs.
I’ve blurred out the number, but the workers even replaced a wooden house number plaque above the garage with AZEK.
Since we were at it, we also took the opportunity to replace a window, replace the chimney cap and replace the window insert on our front door.
And since we did all that, it turned out to be a perfect time to do a wholesale cleaning of the place.
Hardly a person on the planet, other than Thaddeus and I would notice all the changes, but it’s still incredibly satisfying to have had all this week completed.
I’m on the last throes of knitting the Nephew Cardigan.
I finished knitting the button band, with all the shaping so it would ease in nicely.
I also almost finished sewing the button band in. Just a bit more sewing, sewing on buttons and weaving in ends and this sweater will be FINISHED!
I’ve also finished all the crocheting on the Rowan LDK Afghan.
The total length is just shy of 60 inches.
I also have a few million ends to weave in, and then I’ll do a simple boarder on the top and bottom of the afghan to make it a full 60 inches.