Aaron beat me to it in his blog entry early this morning…but scooping me doesn’t lessen the excitement of the upcoming event! The first Saturday morning of each year is when we open registration for the Men’s Spring Knitting Retreat and it’s always a very busy time.
What’s In Store?
The Men’s Spring Knitting Retreat is scheduled for May (Thursday, May 16 through Sunday, May 19). The options for rooming accommodations are:
- a bed in a quad room (two bunk beds/four guys sharing a room with a bathroom), or
- a bed in a semi-private room (two beds/two guys sharing a room with a bathroom)
The retreat sold out completely in as quick as 8 minutes in the past. So there are a lot of guys waiting at their computer on the first Saturday morning of each year wearing out the “refresh button” on their computer. Also, the semi-private accommodations are highly sought after and sell out almost immediately.
So…what does that mean for me? Here are my tasks in preparation for the opening of registration this coming Saturday:
- I create a PayPal button for a $300 downpayment that only allows the first 40 guys to purchase
- A private web page for downpayment/registration that only I can access until Saturday is created
- I create an e-mail campaign to an e-mail list of about 300 guys who want to be notified about registration openings
- I create a Facebook posting for the MSKR group on Facebook to notify guys how and when to register
- A similar Ravelry forum posting for the MSKR 2019 forum on Ravelry to notify guys how and when to register is created
- On the morning of, I publish the web page as “public” and update the menu so the registration page is available to anyone
- I update all of the group and forum notifications on Facebook and Ravelry
- 300 e-mails with notifications of guys how and when to register are e-mailed out
And the last 3 items on the list have to all be done at EXACTLY the same time 🙂
Suffice it to say, this week is a very busy one for me, and Saturday morning I am laser-focused on synchronizing everything.
Interested? Know Someone Who Is?
Do you know anyone that wants to register for this year’s retreat in May?
- Use the contact form on the Men’s Knitting Retreat web site to add their name to the notification list
- Join the 2019 MSKR forum on Ravelry – https://www.ravelry.com/discuss/mens-knitting-retreats/3693975/
- Join the MSKR forum on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mensknittingretreats/
- Message me on Facebook and ask to be notified
Hopefully this time next week there will be about 40 very excited men looking forward to May!
How many of the regular blog readers remember this project?
This is a Rowan design I started in September of 2015 called Tilt by Lisa Richardson. It’s stranded knitting, knit flat and I’ve just begun shaping at the arm holes. As a Whip the WIP project, I will be committed to finishing this beautiful garment.
I’ve also made some progress on the Briyoke sweater.
I’m much more pleased with the colorway placement now that I’ve re-knit the raglan shaping (which will be the same two colorways as the body and sleeves of the sweater.