QueerJoe Recommended COVID-19 Television Viewing
Over the years, there have been many readers who have liked my movie recommendations. So I thought I give my recommended COVID-19 television viewing recommendations.
Two Categories of COVID-19 Television Viewing
What I’m currently watching and what I think of it. And What I have watched in the past which I think would be worth watching if you’ve never seen it.
What I’m Currently Watching
- Better Things (FX on Hulu) – Highly Recommended. Currently on second season (I think). And I look forward to each episode.
- After Life – (Netflix) – Highly Recommended. 1st season started slowly. But I’ve grown to love it.
- Dispatches From Elsewhere (AMC) – Highly Recommended. I love Jason Segel. And this is the best he’s ever done.
- West World (HBO) – Highly Recommended. Loved every season so far. And we continue to love it.
- DEVS (FX on Hulu) – Highly Recommended. Fascinating series. And I hope there’s eventually more of it.
- My Brilliant Friend (HBO) – Highly Recommended. It’s in Italian with subtitles. But SO worth it even as a knitter.
- The Walking Dead (AMC) – No Opinion. We’re still watching it and it’s got enough to keep us mildly interested.
- Unorthodox (Netflix) – No Opinion. Started this and then quit it. It didn’t really grab us.
- Tiger King(Netflix) – Not Recommended. We don’t need more ridiculous drama in my life right now.
What I’ve Watched in the Past
This is the list of episodic shows we’ve watched in the past. They’re in the order that I recommend them. Witcher is the only one I wouldn’t really recommend.
- Sense 8 (Netflix)
- Silicon Valley (HBO)
- Supernatural (Netflix)
- Fleabag (Amazon)
- The Strain (FX on Hulu)
- American Horror Story (FX on Hulu)
- Pose (FX on Hulu)
- Big Little Lies (HBO)
- The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)
- Barry (HBO)
- The Man in the High Castle (Amazon)
- Stranger Things (Netflix)
- Watchmen (Amazon)
- Counterpart (Amazon)
- VEEP (HBO)
- Legion (FX on Hulu)
- True Detective (HBO)
- The Mandalorian (Disney Plus)
- The Witcher (Netflix)
Here’s How To Use These Lists
If you’ve seen a handful or more of these series, compare your reviews with mine. Then, if you and I overlap a lot, try some of the series you haven’t seen. If not, look for other recommendations that match your tastes more closely.
Did I miss any that you just LOVED? I want to know.
Close to completing the Zig Zag Striped Scarf…less than 10 inches to go.
Also started a new shawl by Reis Luke in the Philippines.
It’s a free pattern download on Ravelry called Ever Trusty Shawl. It doesn’t look like much yet, but it’s a fun pattern to knit and I like the profile of the finished garment. It’s also very loose and drapey.