It’s A Success!
Anytime I’m designing a new garment, it can be VERY iffy. With the latest Activity Cap/Headband, it’s a success.
Hat? Headband? Both? – It’s a Success
Perhaps I’m getting a bit ahead of myself.
- Yes, I have completed the design of a new earflap cap (or headband) I’m calling the Activities Cap/Headband.
- I’ve successfully knit just the headband and the full hat (see current knitting below).
- The pattern has been written.
- There is a small pool of test-knitters who are helping me make the pattern as error-free and clear as possible (they are awesome!).
- 16% of the test-knitters have completed the testing.
Many folks have mentioned that this cap looks like the 1898 Hat. And it does. The hats are both designed very differently. This design uses some of the following techniques:
- Crocheted Provisional Cast-On
- Knitting In-The-Round
- Wrap & Turn Short-Rows
- Folded Hem – Using a Purl-Row Natural Fold Line
- Grafting Provisional Cast-On to Active Stitches for Folded Hem
The pattern hasn’t been published yet, but drop me a message if you’d like to be notified when it is.
I’m overall quite pleased with my progress on Focus on Finishing February. In addition to finishing the four projects I set out to finish, I also cast on four more projects. And finished two of them!
The first one is the Activities Cap/Headband.
I am thrilled with this hat design. the headband is a two-layer, thick and dense fabric that is soft, warm and squishy. The cap is rather ordinary, but with my thinning hair, it’s nice to have the extra warmth.
I will be publishing the pattern in the next couple of weeks.
I also finished the Provenance Mitts by Michael Green. They deserve their own blog post. So tune in on Wednesday for those beauties.