More Retreat Recap
After showing you the “slide show” of Easton Mountain, I will now regale you with more retreat recap. The Experts and the Winners!
More Retreat Recap With Expert Tables and Raffle Winners
The Fall Men’s Knitting Retreat at Easton Mountain has an incredible agenda. Two of them are the “Expert Tables” and the Raffle.
The Expert Tables
Each year at the Fall retreat, we ask guys if they’d like to host an expert table. Basically, the experts put together a demonstration, handouts, exercises for hands-on experience and examples of a technique, a pattern or a method in fiber arts. The Expert Tables this year were stellar.
- Foraged Fibers – Local Fiber with Mitch
- Hooking for Fun and Frustration – Crochet with Bruce
- Slip Stitch Shawl Start-Tab – Wonder Tab with Corrado
- Proper Care/Feeding Spinning Wheels – with Aaron
- Crochet Thongs with Ian
- Portuguese-Style Knitting with James
Attendees get to sit and watch demos, learn techniques and ask questions in a very informal way
Hooking for Fun and Frustration
Slip Stitch Shawl Starter Tab
Proper Care/Feeding Spinning Wheels – with Aaron
Crochet Thongs with Ian
Portuguese-Style Knitting with James
Scholarship Fund Raffle
A year or two ago, one of the guys suggested we do a raffle to benefit the scholarship fund. It very quickly turned into an amazing collection of prizes. This retreat, we got donations from some amazing companies. There were three raffle baskets (Knitting, Spinning and Crochet baskets).
And here are the three, happy winners, Steven, Wally and Ricke…congratulations!
I really wanted to win the crochet basket this year, but I didn’t think it would look right if I won. So I may have to go directly to the donor/vendors to get items that I really want.
Here are direct links, in case you “need” something really nice:
- MJ Yarns (the interchangeable crochet hook set that I wanted bad!) – https://shop.mjyarns.com/
- Stitched by JessaLu (amazing merman bags!) – https://store.stitchedbyjessalu.com/
- The Perfect Purl (Urth Yarns and Lykke needle set…gorgeous!) – https://theperfectpurl.com/products
- Dan Tracy Designs – (yarn bowls and a single-leg supported spindle bowl…so rich and beautiful) – https://www.dantracydesigns.com/
I practically had to force myself to pick up the needles this week. But I did make a bit of progress.
Turns out I actually knit at retreats (sometimes…and not very much at all).
Granted, I did hand my phone to someone so they could take these photos, but I think I actually might have added an inch to my scarf at the actual retreat!